Tag: eco travel
- This Central American gem reveals its many facets through the windshield of one tiny but tenacious SUV...
- Discover the unsurpassed beauty of the Caribbean's protected parks and reserves, from teeming reef systems to verdant jungles...
- From volcanic summits to pristine reefs, dry forests to lush jungles, the Caribbean’s protected parks and reserves are among the world’s most breathtaking natural places. We explore some of the best.
- The Caribbean is full of surprises. During our recent road trip through the Central American country of Belize, staff photographer Zach Stovall and I enjoyed a rare treat, thanks to Mark Howells, the Aussie owner of the Lamanai Outpost Lodge: We ate breakfast with a nearby Mennonite family. Belize has some 10,000 Mennonites — about 3 percent of the total population — who live in small communities all over the country. Defiantly nonviolent and anti-military, they left Europe in droves to escape religious persecution; Belize is one of about 65 countries where you'll find them.
- Whether you're craving the sand between your toes, a walk on the wild side, some serious pampering or a return to romance, these Caribbean retreats will satisfy your soul.
Page 3 of 5